Affordable Health Insurance in Leland NC for Children
Despite the Affordable Care Act's intention to keep health care costs manageable, many are finding that their healthcare premiums are actually going up. For low-income families, these changes are already having an impact on the quality of care available for their children. If you are a low-income family in need of affordable health insurance in Leland NC for your children, then the North Carolina Health Choice (NCHC) health insurance program may be able to help.
What is the North Carolina Health Choice Program?
In North Carolina, there are a great many families that make too much money to qualify for Medicaid, but not enough money to be able to afford the rising costs of private insurance. This middle-ground is where thousands of uninsured children reside and it is the goal of the NCHC program to help supply these children with the health insurance coverage they need to live healthier lives.
Who is Eligible for the NCHC Program?
The NCHC program only offers health insurance coverage for children in low-income families. In order to qualify for eligibility, a child must meet the following requirements:
- Be between the ages of 6 through 18
- Be ineligible for Medicaid, Medicare or other federal government-sponsored health insurance
- Be uninsured
- Be in a family whose family income is above one hundred percent (100%) through two hundred percent (200%) of the federal poverty level
- Be a resident of North Carolina and eligible under federal law
- Have paid the Program enrollment fee
What Does the NCHC Program Cover?
The North Carolina Health Choice health insurance program provides a wide range of benefits designed to cover the healthcare needs of children. This program offers the following benefits:
- Case management and care coordination services
- Physician and clinic services
- Laboratory and radiological services
- Surgical services
- Prescription drugs
- Family planning services
- Dental services
- Durable medical equipment and disposable medical supplies
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy and therapy for individuals with speech, hearing and language disorders
- Hospice care
- Home health care
- Inpatient and outpatient mental health services
- Inpatient and outpatient substance abuse treatment
- Mental health services
- Emergency Services
How to Apply for NCHC Healthcare Insurance in Leland NC
Families who live in Leland, NC can apply for NCHC child health insurance coverage in person at the Brunswick County Department of Social Services located in Bolivia, NC or they can print and mail a completed Medicaid and Health Choice Applications form to their local DSS office. Disabled applicants can request a county representative to make a home visit to assist them with the application process. If possible, have the following information with you when applying:
- Certified birth certificates or other proof of citizenship/alien status for each individual applying for the NCHC Program
- Identity documents for each individual applying for the NCHC Program
- Social security cards, social security numbers, or proof that you have made an application for a number from the Social Security Office, for each individual applying for the NCHC Program
- A copy of all pay stubs for the previous month
- Copies of all medical or life insurance policies
- A list of all cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, etc. you or anyone in your household own, including the year, make, model, and vehicle identification number (VIN) for each item
- Most recent bank statements
- A list of all real property you own
- Current financial statements/award letters from other sources of income, such as social security, retirement benefits, pensions, veteran benefits, and child support
If You are Ineligible for NCHC, Contact Schnitzer-Slate for Affordable Health Insurance in Leland NC
The NCHC Program helps ensure that North Carolina's children receive the insurance coverage they need. But, because of its strict requirements, many families may still find themselves unable to meet the coverage eligibility guidelines. If your family is considered ineligible for NCHC coverage, then contact Schnitzer-Slate Insurance Agency today. We offer an extensive selection of affordable Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance plans to choose from so you can get the coverage your family needs at a price that's within your budget. To learn more about available affordable health insurance in Leland NC, just visit our website at http://healthplannc.com/ or call us today at 910-392-7020.